Friday, February 23, 2007

Death of a Legend


As you all will find out soon enough, I am a die hard Celtics fan. Always have been. Always will be. And as all of you SHOULD know, the great Dennis "dj" Johnson suddenly passed away. To the casual fan, or to someone born a little late, they might not remember DJ and how good he truly was. DJ was, in the words of the great Larry Bird, " the best player I ever played with," Larry Bird said that! Many have said that DJ was the best PG defender of all time, ask Magic Johnson how he feels? He was, without a doubt, the most under-rated player of all time. He won three NBA Titles, was a constant on the All-NBA defensive teams, and NBA All-star teams. When he retired after the 89-90 season, he was only the 11th player with 15,000 points and 5,000 assists. I grew up watching the powerful celtic teams of the 80's, and DJ was the floor general, the PG on a team with 3 of the greatest players of all time, and I admired him. All I can say is I hope the hall of fame agree's, he should already be there, but soon enough he will.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree, He was agreat player that won't be forgotten and I hope the hall does the right thing.